Thursday, April 12, 2007


Here's a great note from Jay Topping who was just up from California to take Jennifer Carrasco's Murals on Marmorino class. Jennifer has a tendency to evoke strong responses from those who are fortunate enough to spend some time with her:


Hey Jennifer: Well its been a few days since the class, and my head is still swimming with all the wonderfull things you taught us. Each day, I remember things that make me smile. Things like, when you taught us new ways of looking at objects and memorizing them, when I learned from you, that I can create art myself and not just copy someone else, when I learned about glazes, and how they give depth to your work. When I heard for the first time the pearls of wisdom you passed on to the class, The "'Jenniferisms" I called them, with fondness. That is just the tip-o-the-iceburg of what I learned from you. There is so much more. It was the best week of learning that I have ever had! And I appreciate so much your way of teaching. Your kindness, and nurturing shows that you have gifts that go beyond your art. You inspire poeple to create. And I count myself priviledged to have learned from you. I hope that learning continues into the future.


I want to keep building on my knowledge. I started drawing with pencil on the weekend, and drew my first still life of my lovely Krista Sophia reading a book in an upohlstered chair at her Aunt's house. She was good enough to not fidget or move for half an hour. It actually turned out pretty decent. And it felt wonderfull to draw her. Monumental even. Because it was my first time. She thought I was being funny and silly, but I was moved emotionally on a level that I can't quite describe fully. All I can say is that I thank you for being the person that opened that door for me, for descibing the joy of drawing, the neccesity of it to my future work. And I thank myself for allowing "Me"to take a healthy self indugence for the soul. I hope that makes sense. Can't describe it any other way. I have also made a list of things to do to start furthering my education. First I am joining SALI, and looking forward to the coming convention in July. I hope to see you and spend a few moments with you. I was wondering, can I ask you for your input about the best classes for me to consider if that's okay? I am also going to start looking for a local drawing class at night, for some continued help with that. Also, that book that you recommended is so great !!!"Paint watercolors that dance with the light". The author Elizibeth Kincaid turns out to be living locally in Soquel, just 15 min. from me. Her way of teaching drawing, patterns, and laying is similar to your methods, and she teaches in the area. So I am going to contact her for info. And that's just a start. Much more to consider. Maybe down the road, I will be able to afford your second class. I really want to do that. Time and funds will tell when. And then practice, practice, practice! And I hope to keep in touch with the class. Everyone was awesome in their own right. Lucinda, Cindy, Susan, were great learning compaions. And last but not least...... Jo....... Wild and crazy, loving and kind, self -effacing and giver of praise to others, expressive,sad Jo. She became endeared to us all. I am so sorry we did'nt get to say goodbye to her or get her info. If you do, could you pass that along to all of us, it would be appreciated. Her presence gave our class some kind of wonderfull energy. Well I had better get to work, or my bills won't get paid, and I won't have extra money for all the art supplies I covet. Ha! I am sending you a few choice shots of our day's of learning and wonderment last week. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Talk soon, my new dear friend,


Jay

Jennifer's next class will be held Monday - Friday, June 25 thru 29, 2007.
More Info

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home